Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Snooze Button = The New Devil

I'd be lying if I said I woke up exactly at 5:25am as I had originally planned, and was out starting my run at 6:00am as I had planned. CRAP. I blame the television shows that lure you in just enough to make you not leave the couch and relocate to your bed because you "just don't want to miss anything," even though you could easily check it out later on onDemand, or even DVR it.

Insert 6:15am... I look out the window to check the sidewalks to see if I was really going to have to deal with ice or not considering my phone was telling me it was 32 degrees out, but the sidewalks looked pretty clear, and I knew if I was going to get in 7 miles before work, I needed to get moving.

6:46am I was off...The run itself felt pretty good, except for the few spots that translated my motions to what felt like slow-motion, or that I wasn't even moving because the gusts of wind were so bad. But the world was up and buzzing around the streets of Boston, and I was surrounded by other runners.

I was also surrounded by a bagillion people who don't understand sidewalk space, and even when they clear as day see you running towards them, don't know how to "share" the sidewalk. I'm contemplating setting up a seminar about sidewalk etiquette  which by the way, will also include not puffing your cigarette smoke in my direction as I'm running by either [seriously, I'm busting my butt running, and don't care for your  carcinogen infused air... I prefer the fresh stuff]

My run was plotted off of what I had done last Saturday and my half way point was just about to the Garden, which I just feel is extremely fitting for my runs to be configured around :)

Half way point... 3.5 miles
Jusssst about to the Garden

I will admit that the first few miles I was a little rusty, and I'm blaming the running my previous run, just about 12 hours before.. but I needed to get this run in before work due to other obligations. Plus, I'm finding it's a GREAT way to start your day... out in the fresh air, getting mileage in, and running around the city. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to wake up the first time my alarm goes off... and not the tenth. Here's to hoping!



I'll take the yellow for today... nice and steady..

Tomorrow's Distance: 4 miles
Friday: Rest Day
Saturday.... 16 miles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment