Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Oh Karma...

Walking to the bus stop yesterday, I'm shocked I even made it there... it was FREEZING! I could barely take my phone out to track the bus without losing all feeling in my hands (yes I was the dumb one who didn't look at the weather and didn't even bring my gloves or anything). So anyways, I kept watch of the weather, and it was just frigid, and the temperature looked a little better for today. Needless to say I switched my rest day to yesterday and decided to meet up for dinner with an old friend.

Enter today... on my stroll into work I couldn't believe how nice it was outside (time of the year considered) and I was actually looking forward to my run later in the day. Then as I exited my office I felt something wet hitting my face. GREAT... it was raining. Of course it was. I didn't suck it up in the cold yesterday, so I was being tortured with rain today. By the time I got home, my motivation to go for a run had dwindled down, even though I knew I had to get the run in, my issues last week were my one week that I'll allow to have those kind of gaps between runs.

But then... I checked my email... and there it was CONFIRMATION from the B.A.A. on my Marathon application.


It finally came... It's Official!

And now you can search me on the baa.org

My motivation was back in full force and I got myself together in some water proof gear and headed out. And of course as I was running it only started raining harder. But, it felt good. I was keeping a decent pace, and my body was feeling strong. Even now my knees aren't bothering me all that much. I did see a couple other runners out there, but also saw a lot of people with confused looks on their faces as I passed them with their umbrellas.. meanwhile I was looking like a drenched rat.

I did a simple out and back route down to Broadway T station and turned around.

I'm loving not seeing much red on here :)

And as I said.... I was a complete drenched rat when I got home, but it's only fitting with my description of myself as a hot mess... 

Soakedddd...
Self photos... one snap at a time

Tomorrow's Distance: 7 miles
Thursday's Distance: 4 miles



1 comment: