Monday, February 25, 2013

Nothing Beats a Sunrise...

Today was definitely not one of my better runs. I got to bed later than I wanted because once again I got sucked into something, that in retrospect  I don't really care all that much about, but the Oscars provided some entertainment for me. And, I was able to continue icing my knee the whole time.

When I did finally decide to relocate to my bed, my best friend decided that was the time to start texting me...
Thanks Shana... 

But I set my alarm, and even added in text that I would have to read to hopefully stop me from hitting the snooze button until 7am. 


Don't worry though, I forgot to add in the 4:25am alarm of poor Gus Gus getting sick next to my bed, causing me to wake up, rub his little belly, clean up, and then proceed to lock him out of my room to hopefully get another hour of sleep in.

I thought I was just being funny when I renamed my alarms, because we all know I'm hysterical, but when those alarms starting going off this morning, I definitely read my little messages.... and although I still didn't roll out of bed until 6am, I think without them, I would've slept until 7am. 

When I looked out my window, more snow had accumulated than I originally had thought we were going to get, and it looked really pretty, and not to mention the sidewalks looked clear, so I was ready to go. 

I got myself bundled up and headed out the door. 

The actual temp. didn't feel 28* due to the sun :)

As I said today was definitely not one of my better runs. I used some Tiger Balm on the back of my left Achilles as it felt a little tight, and used bio-freeze on my knees to try and warm things up and make this run comfortable... but not much was helping. Looking back I should have just done Tiger Balm with everything, as I didn't have any bother from my Achilles, but my knees were letting me know that they had previously run 16 miles and were not exactly up for any mileage. Once I got through the first mile or so, I slowly became numb to the pain, and was able to do a walk/run medley in order to get the mileage in, in a not too too terrible time.

The pathways were icy in spots, and a couple inches deep of snow in others, so my steps were not my normal stride this morning either.... not that it's an excuse, it's just an observation of what I was dealing with... BUT the views along the Harbor Walk this morning were to die for. I don't even need to explain... the pictures will suffice, even though they can't even come close to doing them justice... Just imagine a warm ray of sun and a soft breeze across your face....






















Please notice the snow/ice trail I was running on...


Amazing view to start the week

So even if I wasn't exactly happy with my run... I was happy that I got myself up and outside in order to enjoy the amazing sunrise along the water. Hopefully with some more icing, rest, Tylenol, and stretching my knees will be ready to go on Wednesday. 

Today marked the beginning of my 5 miles, rest, 8 miles, 5 miles, rest schedule for my weekdays, which it will remain through the end of March... I think the consistency now of my week schedule distances will be good for my body and my mind. 



Tomorrow: Rest Day
Wednesday: 8 miles







No comments:

Post a Comment