Monday, February 4, 2013

First Early Morning... Day 3

I have to admit that when my alarm went off this morning, I may have hit snooze for an additional half hour until my cat was finally meowing enough to the point of annoyance, and I told myself, if I was really going to get a run in before work today I HAD to get up and get going.


After checking out the temperature and seeing that it was just as cold as the past few days, I checked out the window to see what the day had to offer. I noticed some trees moving, so I knew there had to be some sort of wind chill, so the nice 23 degrees I was seeing on my phone... was actual feeling of about 13 degrees. So needless to say I added a couple extra layers.


Once I finally got outside and along my running route, I couldn't believe how pretty the sun was rising up over the ocean... [this could be a nice little motivational push to wake up earlier to catch this kind of view]. Although the view was nice, it was definitely a little colder than the last couple of days, and the wind a little bit stronger. But for me, the cold serves at least one positive: it keeps my knees chilled, almost as if I'm icing them, which is one of the best feelings for someone with knee issues; yet on the flip side, the cold definitely made me a tiny bit slower this morning (and the few added icy patches required me to slow my step down a little).

I think the fact I'm running for the Boston Bruins Foundation, their antics are coming to light for me, as Brad Marchand has said about his shootout goals, he just sort of "blacks out" and doesn't really know exactly what he did... That's how my first couple miles felt this morning. When my Nike Plus told me I was at my half way point, I thought to myself, did those 2 miles even just happen?

Overall it was a beautiful morning, and it was reassuring to see other footprints in the snow along the route I run to let me know others are out here doing the same thing as me. 

The view I had my entire run :)
I must say, being able to watch the sun come up along the ocean really is an added treat. As I add mileage to my weekday runs I'm sure seeing the sun rise will never lose its appeal.

Tomorrow is considered my first "rest day" or "cross-train" day, so I am going to take advantage of the rest day this first week, and I'll add in cross-training as I get my running legs back. Sleep and rest are just as important! 


Tomorrow: Rest Day
Wednesday Distance: 5 miles





No comments:

Post a Comment