Friday, February 8, 2013

Rest Day...

Nemo has begun... and I have no work which is kind of nice, but I really wish it would stop since it's most likely going to hinder my running schedule.

I started my day very leisurely and then was invited to go out for some snow day drinks. [The snow storm was getting worse and I live in the best area for this kind of activity, so I obviously said yes]

This was the tap at the bar.... LOVE it.
Needless to say it was an evening of great times, lots of laughs, and randomly running into so many different people that I know randomly through all different walks of my life.

The funniest moment had to have been when I was sitting at the bar and my friend Jon and I had struck up conversation with the group of guys next to us... The one sitting right next to me played the conversation starter game and began asking 'getting to know you' questions. When the question came up about what I do for work... his jaw dropped and was like wait, did you say Bentley? Apparently he is an assistant football coach at Bentley and we had been on the same fields numerous times this past fall.

I also met some fellow B.A.A. Marathon runners and was able to discuss some training and fundraising. It was fun to be able to chat with someone who shares a similar goal with me.

SnowDay Crew and we wore the goggles all night

Tomorrow: Hopefully 12 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment