Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ice Day

I think I've come to appreciate Sunday's even more now, due to having done a long run the day before. Typically I would sit on the couch and watch Sex and the City all day, marathon style... but today I thought it was helpful that I had a commitment to my part time coaching job in New Hampshire. Today was their first tournament of the season.


Coaching is definitely one of the best and most frustrating jobs to have. My girls started the day off amazing. Playing strong and like they really wanted to win. Then it was just downhill and I'm still trying to figure out what happened. Our second game was so-so, the team we played was a stronger team than the first, and my girls did power back to almost tie it up... but then the next two games, I walked away wondering what happened to my team that had played so hard in the first game a few hours before... Which in turn had me making practice plans for next week my entire drive back to Boston, and thinking of ways I would be able to pull the potential out of them that I know is in there. 

I did get a sweet treat from my Dad today, Reilley's Bakery butter cookies... which I wouldn't turn down after the run from yesterday. But he also is letting me borrow his Garmin GPS watch and iPod nano so that I don't have to worry about my iPhone dying during my longer runs. 

Can't wait to use this!
Although, I won't know how great it is until they send me the charger for the iPod Nano, so it looks like I'll still be using my phone this week. But at least it'll give me some time to learn how to actually use this.

Tonight has been a night of recovery for me though, as my knees truly did feel the run yesterday and with another 5 miles due for tomorrow morning, I'm trying to be as preventative as possible.

Cryo/Cuff 

I got the Cryo/Cuff back when I had my knee surgeries and it's the next best thing besides an actual ice bath, which when I add even more mileage might be something I will seek out. So I'll ice as much as possible tonight and then it's back on the road tomorrow.

Tonight: Icing for an hour so far alternating knees every 20 minutes... and continuing until bed. 
Tomorrow: 5 miles




No comments:

Post a Comment