Thursday, February 28, 2013

Serenity..

This mornings run wasn't the best pace wise... or necessarily the best feeling on my body, but the temperature and the stillness of the morning made this run worth it. 

Waking up this morning was a little tough, but I knew I had to get the run in early... I wanted to get into work early, as I was taking a half day to head to Connecticut for a Jason Aldean concert (which was amazing by the way). I also was under the assumption it was going to rain later in the day, so I wanted to try and get in a rain free kind of run.


I noticed myself trying to watch some of the other people running, and how their form was compared to mine... I definitely have a little bit of a shuffle to my run, whereas other runners have much more of a "stride." Maybe I can get to that point before the marathon.

As the title of this post indicates, this run was definitely a little more calming, and I took the few extra minutes here and there to stop [stretch] and enjoy the calming feeling across the water and in the air around me.


so still... reminded me of home :)

The City waiting for the day to start...

If anything, I was happy to have at least gotten my run in... my knees are starting to act up and become very sore, so I am going to keep an eye on them to make sure I don't over work them too soon, or even worse start any injury. 

Although it's not hard to stretch when you have a beach to do it near...


Oh 26.2... you seem so far away BUT you're actually so much closer than I even could begin to think.

Motivation.



                                                           

Tomorrow's Distance : Rest Day
Saturday Distance: 16 miles


Oh and don't worry... the concert was awesome with my sister!

Jenn and I at Jason Aldean :)


No comments:

Post a Comment