Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rain Rain Go Away..

For the first time, I actually got on the road for my run around the time I originally set out to be there. Not without a little hesitation though. When my alarm went off at 5:30am, I immediately checked out the window to see how miserable the weather was going to be, and it was just as miserable as I thought. I checked weather.com and it was only going to get worse as the day went on, so I decided I'd rather get it over with while it was at least going to be a little light out over going after work when it would be by street light.

As long as Saturday stays rain free, I'll continue to suck it up
Surprisingly, it wasn't assssss bad as I thought. I layered myself up, and wore actual water repellent clothing, which was a huge plus, and not to mention I remembered to fill up my water bottle belt (HUGE plus this morning, I was so parched the whole run!)

I wasn't sure how my knees were going to feel as they were still pretty sore yesterday, but I used the Tiger Balm, and that seemed to help out (the real test will be Saturday morning). My pace was pretty decent and was actually a little faster than some of my recent runs, so that made me happy. 

There's something about getting out in the morning and having the run done before I even step foot into the office. In a way it helps me clear my mind, before I even have a chance for it to fill up with deadlines and pleadings. Then again, when I get it over in the morning, I'm kind of like a lost puppy at night and don't really know what to do with myself (besides update my blog). Although, having woken up at 5:30am this morning, I'm exhausted and will probably go to sleep much earlier than I normally do. You can never get too much sleep right?


The worst part about running in the rain this morning was around mile 7 when I was crossing the Summer Street bridge back into Southie, and the rain was coming down like little pellets attacking my face. Between that rain and the wind, I had to stop and put my hands over my face for the duration of the bridge in fear it was going to get in my eye/contacts.

Through all the rain, I had one bright moment when talking to a college friend about my training and my old nickname came out...


I couldn't help but sit at my desk and giggle... Almost all of my college friends would refer to me as Canada, as they didn't think Maine should be a part of the United States, but I guess that's what you get when you go to school in New Jersey!

Tomorrow's Distance: 5 miles [and the Jason Aldean concert!!!!]
Friday: Rest Day! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment