Saturday, March 9, 2013

Up... BRIGHT and early..

When waking up this morning... I knew it would be a decent run... it didn't matter if my legs were going to feel good or not, the sun was shining bright, and the temperature reading on my phone didn't match what I was feeling in the sunshine.


Today's mileage was 17 miles... and I didn't quite know where I wanted to go, so I ventured out towards the Garden and past MGH. I was out on the road much earlier than normal, but I was hoping to get a text during my run from my friend Matt letting me know that one of his tickets opened up for the Bruins v. Flyers game... but I didn't have such luck... but anyways. One of the things I love about early Saturday morning runs is that I know every other runner I see out there, is most likely training for some sort of long distance race of their own.. if not the Boston Marathon just like me... The views coming over the bridge back into the city from making my way out to Somerville and back were just so refreshing... 



I can't wait for the snow to be OFF the sidewalks and melted into the rivers/oceans

Overall the run felt pretty good.. as with all my distance runs so far I have moments of feeling really good and other moments where I question if my body is going to make it... but... I'm getting there... the miles just keep on adding up, and somehow I am able to finish each one I set out to do.


As I'm adding on more miles, I'm working on what I do throughout the week to figure out what will feel best on my knees for the long run on the weekend, but without over/under doing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment