Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Deck of Cards Workout

So there's this little workout group in the area called "The November Project" which is a group of people who meet throughout the week early in the morning to do a variety of workouts (all for free). They range from runs, to doing the stairs at Harvard Stadium, to the Deck of Cards workout. I haven't joined the group [yet]; or been to any of the group workout sessions [yet]. But I did want to take a crack at one of the workouts I knew I'd be able to do in my apartment.

I ended up staying at work a little later than I had planned, and with my knee/muscle finally starting to feel better/normal. I decided icing and one last day of resting it would be a good thing. BUT I wanted to get a workout in of some sort... even if it was just a TON of push-ups and sit-ups.

So here's what it is:

"The “Deck Of Cards” workout will be done as a group by flipping over one card at a time from a shuffled 52. Each card has a value. All black cards are pushups and all red cards are situps. Simple. 2, 3, 4, to 10 are pretty easy to figure out. Jack 11, Queen 12, King 13, Ace 14. Super simple. Pretty hard work as the deck goes on. Intense for core, arms, and general toughness."

It doesn't sound like it would be that bad... until you flip over four black cards in a row and they are all above the number 7.

This is my 'my body is jello right now' face and I just did 14 push-ups and just flipped over my fourth high number in a row... can I pick a 2 or 3 for once?!


So many high cards in a row...

But I got it done... and am already feeling it [it's been a little while since I've done push-ups and sit-ups in that amount... in a row.]

And of course I still finish with a smile... obviously... my last card was a red 2.... 2 sit-ups.. noooo problem


Tomorrow's Distance: 5 miles and a Bruins Game :)
Friday's Distance: Rest
Saturday's Distance: 17 miles.





1 comment:

  1. Great blog! There's an app for that! No cards? No Excuses! Try RipDeck, deck of cards iPhone workout app.

    You can RipDeck at home, in the gym, while traveling or anywhere. There are beginner, intermediate and advanced set workouts or you can customize your own.

    Share a custom RipDeck workout with us and we will feature it and your blog on our In-App News and social media.

    http://ripdeckapp.com
    Like us on Facebook and follow @ripdeck on Twitter

    ReplyDelete